《Drifting : Weight of Feathers》 Releasing Tomorrow (Dec. 15th, 2021 PST)!

Scenery in《Drifting》

A towering hall

(Click the image for higher resolution)

Through trial and error, I found out a good way to build a wall-running-friendly level is to eliminate unnecessary corners in the level geometry. Less corner means a smoother transition between adjacent walls, which means less camera turning during wall-run.

Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone~

In this week’s update, I wrote a short article about a camera I made a few months ago.

https://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/games/1/70/69632/thumb_300x150/CMS_Dash_Left_Combine.gif

(click the image for higher resolution)

Here is the link to the full article. Feel free to leave a comment or like if you are interested in my article!

Have a great weekend! >.0

Looks really good. I love the thought of manipulating movements and making use of the full 3D space :slight_smile: .

Scenery in《Drifting》

Broken Pillars and Beams

In this scene, I was experimenting on disjoint and thin walls, which may be more threatening than meets the eye, since players need to plan his/her route beforehand whilst dodging in-coming missile.

Feel free to like or comment if you are interested in my weekly update content, have a nice weekend~ >.0

Looks quite cool. Who is she? What is this place? Why is she there, and why do the enemies not want her there?

Combat in**《Drifting》**

Combat Gameplay Released: 2019/05/18

Hi everyone!

In this week’s update, I am glad to show you the latest combat video of 《Drifting》.

In the new gameplay footage, you’ll find out the combat is much more intense, fast-paced and strategically more demanding. Energy beams and explosive missiles intertwined creating a hazardous area in 3D space, players not only need to dodge these attacks in air, but also keep on solving the environment puzzle that blocks his/her path to the next level.

Enjoy this week’s update and have a wonderful weekend! :3

Characters in《Drifting》

Mech-Tank

If you watch the latest combat video of 《Drifting》 then you’ll definitely notice this big guy.

A heavy-armored war machine with a menacing appearance, capable to withstand multiple explosions and fire high-energy-concentrated missile. Besides its heavy armor and powerful attacks, during heated combat, it can utilize its jump ability to avoid incoming damage, which makes it even harder to defeat.

Enjoy this week’s update, have a wonderful weekend :3

Scenery in《Drifting》

Tripwire Room

Tripwire is usually deployed in tight corridors or around heavily guarded fortress, the two sides of its electric generator and its connecting wire both deals a massive amount of AOE dmg should players come near it. Fortunately, players can shoot either side of its generator to disable it temporarily.

Enjoy this week’s update and have a pleasant weekend! =D

Scenery in《Drifting》

Temporary Bunker

An alien fortress used for resource collection and storage. Constructed by hollowing out the inside of a pre-existing building and replaced it with light metal plate and barbed fence. The idea of replacement rather than reconstruction serves the purpose of rapid expansion in a short period of time.

Enjoy this week’s update and have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Dragon Boat Festival :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks great! Good job! Any tips on how to do hair like that?

Hi L04D3D**, **

The hair is rendered with Hairworks Component using Nvidia Gameworks integration GitHub branch: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

The version is currently 4.16.3

(The branch has been stuck on 4.16 for quite some time, so I have doubt Nvidia will update it in the future.)

As for the tool to make the hair, I’m using 3dsMax plugin downloaded from Nvidia’s official website: https://developer.nvidia.com/gamewor…arch=HairWorks

The tool essentially allows you to export the hair and fur modifier as a .apx file and import it into UE4 project build from the Github version mentioned above.

Thank you for your interest and have a great weekend! : )

Hi everyone!

In this week’s update, I wrote an article explaining the improvements I made to the control scheme of my wall run system.

Here is the link to the full article, feel free to leave a comment or like if you enjoy reading it!

Have a wonderful weekend! :3

Great work! I’m happy to see that you are still making solid progress. I think it will definitely be a great experience, when it’s released :slight_smile: . Keep it up!

Scenery in《Drifting》

Floodgate

A secret plot is guarded behind this gigantic floodgate–as with other alien construction–it is built with metal plates and barbed wire fences for easy deployment.

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! :3

Characters in《Drifting》

Floating Mine

A military weapon functions just like an ordinary landmine, except that it floats in mid-air. Aside from its intimidating looks, these floating explosive mines are actually helpful in breaking walls that are too strong to be damaged by energy based weapons.

Have a wonderful weekend ^.^y

Characters in《Drifting》

Turret

Beside its intimidating looks, turrets are actually the least threatening enemy in the game.

It has the ability to fire missiles consecutively, however, each missile has a slight delay before launch, which gives players plenty of time to dodge it; The lack of armor protection and mobility means it’s easy to target and one-shot the turret with its own missile.

I hope you enjoy this week’s update and have a wonderful weekend =D

Characters in《Drifting》

Singularity

Constantly emitting pulsing gravitational energy, it is able to capture and immobilize any living being (except the player) near it, which makes it a perfect trap to throw enemies into.

Have a wonderful weekend :3

Core mechanics in the combat system of 《Drifting》

Wall hanging

In the last article, I wrote about the improvements I made to the wall running mechanics. However, I was not satisfied with how the wall hanging animation seems to make the player character “detached” from walls and looks as if she’s sliding in thin air.

So here is the revised version of the wall hanging animation. Now the wall hanging is much closer to walls you can feel the **player character’s hand grip firmly to the wall **and her body pressed closer to the wall which conveys an overall better wall hanging experience.

Wish you have a wonderful weekend! (。・∀・)ノ

Hello everyone!

In this week’s update, I wrote a short article about the working pipeline and run-time effects I’ve done using Nvidia’s Hairworks solution., I hope you enjoy reading it!

As a friendly reminder, since I am currently moving to a new apartment, I will not have internet access for a couple of days next week, hence, the updated content during 08/03~08/04 is canceled.

Have a wonderful weekend! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

A glimpse of combat in 《Drifting》

Directional Throws

Depending on the player’s throw direction, animation will now have three different variations: left, right and forward directional throw animations. The idea is to enhance the game response to player control by indicating visually the direction players is aiming for.

Have a wonderful weekend~ (。・∀・)ノ