DREAMWAVES - Sci-Fi short Rokoko Challenge Runner Up + Breakdown

A sentient AI robot in a post pandemic destroyed world picks up new hobbies. Sci-fi post apocalyptic short done in Unreal Engine 5. Second Runner up in Rokoko’s #madewithrokoko “New Beginnings” challenge. I never got around to adding sound and doing a full breakdown so here it is. Done in UE5 , the project was completed in 23 days of sleepless nights. The challenge tasked us to take animations from Rokoko Studio and create something around the theme of new beginnings.
I love sci-fi and this happened when Covid was a recent memory so the story follows a bunch of utility robots in a post pandemic post apocalyptic world. A robot decides to learn some new skills to impress his friends. He performs a song, the irony of him wishing Happy New Year to his audience that are the hundreds of dead bodies laid in a field in the quarantine zone.
The short also draws influence from The Big Lebowski film and the trifecta of the Dude, Walter and Donny (Hence the robot name Donn-E). Also I love Love Death and Robots and their three robots episode is one of my favorites. I wish to direct something like that one day as Sam says at the 13:13! :slight_smile:

More details in the video description! If you would like to see more such sci-fi cinematic UE5 content, check out my other works! Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there @indystry and team!

Hope you’re all well and having a great week so far :slight_smile:

First, I just wanted to say the premise of this project is nothing short of absolute nerdy joy. I mean… I was hooked with the first line of “A sentient AI robot in a post pandemic destroyed world”. :joy: Secondly, our dear robot friend has a beautiful voice. Truly dreamlike. And lastly, this short film turned out so incredibly well done and professionally polished for it to have been completed in less than 25 days.

Thanks so much for sharing your art and making something so truly unique and fun. I hope we get to see more from you all :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words!! It truly made my day! :smiley: :heart:
Indeed a lot of love and passion went into making this in a short turn around and I am not gonna stop anytime soon. :slight_smile: I will keep making high quality UE shorts, hoping to make it to the UE Community Spotlight one day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Also it is just me by myself doing this, no team haha :smiley:

1 Like

Hoping to make it to the UE Community Spotlight one day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just keep creating projects similar to this and you’ll definitely wind up there! :slight_smile:

Had to pop in again just to send you a bit of support. I can’t wait to see your next work of art. Happy developing until then!

1 Like

I will for sure keep creating, so much cool stuff is on the way!
Thank you again for the love and support!

1 Like

Forgot to share, some high res stills from this project can be seen here!! :slight_smile:

1 Like