drawing and changing GUI texture depending on a bool

Well this is very basic programming… No very basic math.

You have a variable (like “X”) and try to do something with it without giving it a number.

Basically your expression looks like this: X + 2 = Y.

Which is obviously not solvable or rather has infinite solutions but that’s not the point here.

You don’t have a default for your hud variable because that’s impossible so you have to set it before you use it.

Ideally via the event begin play node.

Please explain exactly what you mean by filling variables because like I’ve said I’m very new at this and have no clue what you’re talking about with that and can’t find anything about it.

Oh alright.
I set it up with a Set node, but for some reason it won’t let me select the blueprint in that node.

If I use a Get node with that, I just get the same error as before.

25138-none+hud+with+left+begin+play.png

See. Can’t select the hud blueprint. I’ve even tried adding it through selecting it in the content browser with no luck.

Because it does not exist before the game started and especially in the level blueprint you can’t directly access it because there can be like 100 huds in one level if you develop a multilayer game (which btw is the reason why developing inside of the level blueprint is so bad practise. It has to be done for each level and does not have a direct connection to all generated content). You can get a player, his controller and from there the hud.

Because the code can’t know beforehand which hud you will use there.

It is (and should) be possible to always use any hud.

To do pass it on you cast it to the type you need (via the "cast to " node) which will give you two exec outputs. Success and unsuccessful and a pin of the type you casted to (which is none of it fails).

… You should really take the time to learn coding or search for a developer if you want to create a game. Not only with unreal but with any engine. Because if you try to develop a game like this it will be developed pretty much in the answerhub alone.

Can’t connect Get Hud (from player controller) with Set Main HUD because it’s just a HUD reference and not a “Day HUD” reference.

YES it’s working now!
thank you!