DowntownApartment V1.0

Hi there ,
This is my second personal project used UE4.And i added some simple function in this scene,such as game menu,change materials,turn ON/OFF TV…
For the materials,i found the Fresnel node default value link to Specular is similar with reflection IOR1.45 in VRAY,both them start from 0.04,and end with value 1.In UE4 ,Value of Exponent control the curve,in Vray,Value of IOR control the curve,the are the same.So i linked Fresnel node both to Specular and Roughness,but in Roughness ,i uesd Fresnel node as alpha in Lerp Node,Lerp one vaule to 1,because all material have clear reflection roughness at the edge of 90-degree ,even the rust.
For the functions,i used blueprint,it’s very useful for art designers.and i created UI similar with "Loft in London"produced by CGCLOUD.I think it’s beautiful.
Please download launcher here:http://1drv.ms/1T9lpkw
[video]UE4 Arch DowntownApartment - YouTube
b28f2e060ae55a52cfb0c7e418e844d4e9f817dc.jpeg
edf01920c9945dfd6d533dc8b3a8a85e1805d5eb.jpeg

918b8bf90a4726c897d674eb9e929e5c0d1b3d15.jpeg
1d5b5ab70f1f535d822819320b6ea55dba8eda5f.jpeg

The refrigerator looks a bit noisy. Is the texture set to “never stream”?

i used DitherTemproalAA node for Roughness , so it’s noisy on screenshot,it won’t in game.
and for the texture,i select “world stream”,"never stream"will cost “Moire”when use highres textures.

They look awesome, the only criticism that I can make is the proportion of the objects and their places, although the visuals has a kind of realistic look, the place of carpet in the kitchen and the size of the light on the worktop or the size of flowerpot looks so wrong in the first look. Ah and of course the noisy fridge… Good work

I see,thanks dude:)

Alesis makes cymbals?

Not sure,maybe “DW”?This model from evermotion.

Hey looks great but even for screenshots there’s a lot of aliasing. Maybe check out the TXAA and supersampling (oversampling) methods especially by user “heartlessphil”. Check with him and others too, I think they know the ways to reduce moire patterns with such antialiasing techniques.

,Thank you for your suggestion,i’m do confusing in “supersampling”.

Yeah, I’d go with DW, PASTE, or something like that :wink:

nice bro!!
不錯啊~兄弟~!我有從FB上看到你的作品 有空可以交流一下

If you dont mind me asking where did you get all the assets from?

I would say some of the materials are too glossy. The pillow case has way to much gloss to it and it threw my eyes off. To make it look more realistic I could show you some things in blender I made. Some of the renders came out ‘noisy’ because the blender units I used was set to 100. I needed at least 350-400 but with the pc that I had at the time could only handle 100 blender units. I could post some pictures here to show you what I am talking about. There is one particular wall that is super glossy and maybe that was intended but still, I couldn’t look at it more than 2 seconds. Realistic art is a hard thing to do but, like I mentioned I will provide some examples maybe take a scene from my game that I am about to start implementing and show you. The picture looks about 88% real but still there are some edges and things I need to sort out. That brings up another point, some of your edges of your models are well ‘ghostly’ what I call it. Meaning, it gives an illusion (realistically fake) instead of a projection. I don’t know what the professionals call it to what I am trying to reference to but anyhow. If you would like me to model some things and I could give you the blender files so you could take a peek at it or import it to Unreal then export it if you can do that.

Thanks for your artwork
It is very much appreciated,
D

:)好啊,我FB是https://www.facebook.com/liu.kun.353

some from Evermotion,some from VizPeople,some from 3Dsky,some are free models on Net,some modeled myself

Hi Darscu,

1.“The pillow case has way to much gloss to it and it threw my eyes off”
for the pillow i wanted to made a material like velvet,so i created it in UE4 used "fresnel"node only in Diffuse,no reflection(specular),and the same as always i use “fall/off” in Vray Render.

2.“Some of the renders came out ‘noisy’ because the blender units I used was set to 100. I needed at least 350-400 but with the pc that I had at the time could only handle 100 blender units.”
you means “supersampling”?

3.“There is one particular wall that is super glossy and maybe that was intended but still, I couldn’t look at it more than 2 seconds.”
Yes,it’s low detail

1. “If you would like me to model some things and I could give you the blender files so you could take a peek at it or import it to Unreal then export it if you can do that.”
    Yea,we can communicate on FB :Liu Kun

Nice job at unwrapping, nice effort with the scene you have a lot of potential.

to be honest,unwrapping uvs is very… very…boring,hahaha,thanks Mentholblue.