Download stuck at 82%

I am trying to install UE5 but the installation won’t go further than 82% with 200MB of some package missing. I let this run for hours, resumed, redownloaded.

In the installation path I found a folder called .egstore which looks like the temporay folder for the package downloads. There is one file in the pending folder called:

8E3B78F14BB3EFBB202755BD685108E3.mancpn
which contains

{
	"FormatVersion": 0,
	"CatalogNamespace": "ue",
	"CatalogItemId": "d33c86e1279b45fc9a889f5e64ed6705",
	"AppName": "UE_5.0"
}

It gets stuck there for hours (maximum I tried was six). From the files I am assuming the package is not available. There is also a manifest file (same id as name) which is > 100Mb in size.

I am also having a very similar issue. I saw another post that said to look for DefaultEngine.ini and change a specific value, yet the file path they gave was for a Windows user, and I’m on MacOS. Also, that other issue was regarding UE4, so I am not so sure if it would work.

Unreal 5.2 Preview is also stuck at 82% for me, tried reinstalling and everything.
Please ping if you find any solution for this.

got any resolution
?

same issue here, download finished, and after that stuck at 82% for the last 10 hours. Installation doesn’t finish, i’ve restarted PC, i resumed several time, nothing is moving int his process anymore. Does anyone have a solution for this? i’m Windows 11 Pro user.

Hello, does anyone have a fix for this issue I have tried everything the download finished and stopped at 82% The operations, download, read, and write were doing nothing.

Same Issue

If u installed it on a external SSD Using exFAT system, then try installing it on a SSD Using NTFS i think the problem is with exFAT, Or try disable Windows Defender @alternaivlos

Ditto here… stopped at exactly 82%… I’m also installing it on an external SSD with ExFAT (I believe). I’m absolutely not letting NTFS in my life again under any circumstances, so I’m hoping for a different proposed solution.

im having the exact same issue at the 82%

Version 5.3.2 the same issue

I’m also experiencing an issue where the Unreal 5.2 Preview freezes at 82%, despite attempts at reinstalling and other fixes. If anyone discovers a workaround, please do share.