Downgrade from 4.26.1 to 4.26.0

After upgrading to 4.26.1 and opening a project, the screen goes black (Not the window, the entire screen)
(Even waited up to an hour at one point).

Tried creating a new project and had the same result, haven’t found a fix yet

Older engines before 4.26 wont let me port a newer version of a project

Is there anyway to downgrade back to 4.26.0, otherwise cant use my project

I have problem too. My project just crash on start, I need downgrade or fix, but I dont know how.

This is the error on log:

LoginId:e80d69024d87ab5e3974f394d90378de
EpicAccountId:f5153b16302e4f43b7c4348fe2a8d933

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000060

UE4Editor_Niagara
UE4Editor_Niagara
UE4Editor_Niagara
UE4Editor_Niagara
UE4Editor_Niagara
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Similar problem here : 4.26 worked fine, after updating to 4.26.1 the engine is launched OK, but opening any project or creating a new one ends up with an empty desktop. The editor isn’t visible, and only restarting windows quits the app. 4.25.4 not affected and still works fine.
I can’t read C++ and have no idea how to approach this…
It’s worth noting that this is a few years old laptop, and on my newer desktop, which has better graphics hardware, the update went smooth and everything works as expected.
Best of luck :slight_smile:

4.26.1 is crashing. How can I roll back to 4.26?

Try upgrading to 4.26.3 first.

I have the same issue too, after upgrade to 4.26.2, my Landscape material and other material are missing a material function.

4.26.3 Isn’t out yet? I have a similar issue with my landscape materials, and particles are invisible. How can I downgrade to 4.26?

The same issue happened to me after upgrading to 4.26.1, after 10 minutes of work the entire engine starts blinking black color randomly, also when I right click somewhere in the project.

My project was exactly the same. Still has weird flickering lighting issues sometimes but I just disabled all the displacement maps on the landscape textures and that helped. Next time I won’t update mid-project I guess.

1:install new ue4.26.2
2:create new empty project, Migrate your map to new project and set gamemode/copy old config ini