Door/Portal to another world

Hey,

I am trying to make a door/portal which shows into another level. Ideally one you can walk through.

Bit like Monsters Inc Doors

Just to clarify, it does not need to be like ‘portal’ style. I don’t want or need to see around the same level or see myself. It’s more of a window into another level.

It can be a sub-level or any other method, so long as the effect works live.

Yea, thanks for your question.
I would like to know the same thing.

(i would like to know how to indirectly enter buidlings → making a sub-level in a house-building en when you open the door it teleports you to the sub level)

Something like fallout, skyrim.

Im looking forward to an answer

kind regards,

The easiest way may be to set the material on the door/portal to use a Render2D from a camera actor on the other level, but since that wouldn’t really show any movement unless the level was streaming in you would get just a still image of what the camera actor sees from the other level. On overlap of the door/portal you could then fade out for a few frames and then in the back ground load the other level and fade back in. Accomplishing this on a level that is currently loaded from one area to another can be done the same way but you could see movement since it would be executing that movement real time. I can put together a few screenshots if that would help.

I had been thinking this might be a solution. Render2D with a camera matching rotation of the player, and a sub-level offset to put them in different zones, maybe with a cull volume to hide them outside of the render2D camera. I will give that a go. Thanks =)

Hi again,

Check this out, → Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial - Change Map via Blueprint (Simple) - YouTube