Doom2Remake on Unreal Engine 4 ! By Me :)

https://youtube.com/pI27LS3n1tc

Haha nice one!

Body Parts Everywhere! Great work . Brings back memories of Doom from when I was younger. Keep up the great work and be sure to keep us updated as you progress in your remake development.

Thanks ! I will update of course ! means a lot to hear it from an UnrealEngineDeveloper :slight_smile:
Thank you too Tesla for commenting !

Looking good so far, Seeing this and watching the stream of 2 people playing Doom Multiplayer during the Quakecon is making me want to jump back into playing some Doom 2 lol. Keep it up and I can’t wait to see more.

This is epic. Great job!

Thanks warlord57 and GeneBox !

Very cool!
Will be watching this! :smiley:

I like how the enemies drop out of the cylinder, like a water facet. :slight_smile:

How are you doing the gibbing?

Thanks everyone :smiley:
dzeligman I’m just using the OnHit ( Or OnDestroy, because the character shouldn’t exist while the gibs spawns anyways… ) blueprint event to “Spawn actor from class”, this actor is a blueprint which has all the gibs packed together and an radial force activated when spanwed ( with the “Begin Play” event ). A lot simpler then in UDK i can tell you that :slight_smile:

fun stuff!

Yeah there are a lot of things in UE4 that are a million times easier than UDK, however there are a lot of things about kismet that I miss. :smiley:

Well great!
Thanks, now I won’t be able to go into work tomorrow…
DOOM was always better than work anyway.
(Quit screen reference!)

Great job.
~ Jason

Nice to see other people use UE4 to remake things too :slight_smile: (Im doing a model of my workplace (office) )