Dear people from Unreal forum,
I wanted to open this thread to warn some of you people. Some people who offer freelance work are scams. Big time.
I had a project going on with a freelancer from UK a while back, but he was kind of expensive imo. So when a freelancer from India offered help and for a much cheaper price (Instead of paying the other freelancer per hour, I had to pay this freelancer a total budget), as a student without an income I couldn’t resist and made a deal with him.
The deal was to make the project within my budget. I make an overview of what needed to be done so everything should be very clear. Strange things started to happen…
- My project needed Leap motion. The guy said he ordered the device, but it has a delay of at least a month. So couldn’t do proper testing.
- Out of the blue he was asking for more money, because work has expanded…(?). If the freelancer is bad with time management or even too busy to make the project, then it’s not my problem. I was very clear from the beginning.
- I had to ask the guy every 2 days for progress, but often I don’t get replies. This guy never shows progress
- The things delivered are not similar to what I have asked for.
- Deadline didn’t happen… The guy delivered my project with a month of delay.
- This guy will make a loooot of excuses for everything.
TLDR: NOT TO BE TRUSTED> Playstorm Company LtD India.