What about refunds?
When we receive a refund request, our immediate response is to examine the issue to determine if it’s something Epic or the seller can fix. If there’s a technical issue, the screenshots or video are misleading, or if the seller isn’t responding to requests for support, we’ll gather all the information we can about the issue you’re having and contact the seller directly to address. If they’re unable to resolve the issue promptly, we’ll grant the refund, and request that the seller update their content with the feedback we receive.
In order to qualify for a refund of your Marketplace item you must provide us with the following information:
- The email address associated with your account
- Your Order ID from the emailed receipt
- The reason for requesting a refund
- In the case of a technical issue or bug, please provide us with a detailed description of the issue you have been experiencing, so that we can work with the seller to resolve the issue.
When you have this information ready, please contact us at email@example.com.
In what circumstances can I request a refund? **
You can request a refund for the following reasons:
- The item is not compatible with the latest version of the engine
- A bug within the Marketplace item prevents you from using it as advertised
- The Marketplace item is not compatible with the configuration or technical specifications of your intended projects
- The description, screenshots, or video in the Marketplace don’t accurately reflect the content of the Marketplace item
**What time frame do I have when requesting a refund? **
You have 10 calendar days from the date of the initial purchase to contact Epic and request a refund. If you have contacted us with a technical issue, we will contact the seller to give them the opportunity to fix it. The seller will be given three days to respond to attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then we will issue the refund.
**What if I didn’t contact Epic within 10 days? **
After 10 days, we don’t guarantee refunds, but we will still contact the seller to attempt to resolve your issue, and consider your refund request based on its specifics.
**What if content I bought has been removed from the Marketplace? **
If a submission you’ve purchased was removed you have 30 days from the date of removal to contact us for a refund.
**Can I go directly to the seller for a refund? **
Not currently. While a seller may be able to provide technical support for their item, only Epic has the ability to issue refunds for Marketplace items.