Does WebBrowser Widget work on Oculus Quest 2 device (Android)

I have actor with widget component and web browser user widget in my progect. Web browser widget perfectly works in play mode with Oculus Link , but after launching it to Oculus Quest 2 device, it shows me only black screen. I added valid initial url and implemented callback OnUrlChanged, but it wasn’t called. It means, that WBW didn’t work at all.

My question is how can i make it work? Or rather CAN i make it work?

Ok, OnUrlChanged is working when i trying to load new page, but i still dont see anything. Just black screen. Looks like it can’t draw page. Does anyone have any idea why?

I found out that web browser widget won’t load the document (Methods SWebBrowser->IsLoading() and SWebBrowser->IsLoaded() return false). There are 2 possible resons:

1. web browser widget is broken and LoadURL func. doesn’t work (doesn’t send a request to upload a document)
  2. Quest 2 device prohibits downloading the document.

Questions are what the reason of that (web doesn’t load page document) and what can I do with it?

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

Did you ever find a solution for the problem?

Any news. Same problem again.

I’m looking for a solution to get the webBrowser plugin working on Oculus Quest 2 natively, any updates ?

Bumping for interest. I found this thread on the oculus vr forums, Problems with using WebBrowser plugin for Unreal E... - Page 2 - Meta Community Forums - 864802 which seems to suggest this problem is still not resolved and that it is an unreal engine issue not oculus. Is there an official bug report for this issue? I wasn’t able to find one at https://issues.unrealengine.com/

Also desperately searching for a solution to this. Any help will be most appreciated. I do hope a resolution to this presents itself sooner than later :slight_smile:

I can’t say that I know for sure if it works, because I’ve never tried it, but my gut feel is the first thing to check is – have you specifically requested permission to use the internet on the device?

There is most certainly Internet access on the device as online videos can be played from inside the app as streaming media. It seems as though the widget just will not render the browser window for some reason.

FYI, I get the latest version of UE5.2 from GitHub and compile it and the WebBrowser plugin finally work!

So you either download Unreal from GitHub and build it or wait for the official release of UE5.2.

ref: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-150021)

1 Like

Unreal V5.2.0 fixed this issue. Now user is able to interact with the widget using Widget Interaction Component.
Note: The input events from Android platform (Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2 etc) are passing as TouchEvents. So, hover effects on a webpage in Web Browser won’t work with Widget Interactors.

There’s still an issue with how the widget draws the Web Browser widget. I have set the resolution and draw size to 1920 x 1080. Still I am able to see a part of the webpage or a condensed webpage like a mobile view on chrome. Any Fixes or work arounds to make the webpage look like a desktop view?

It works now. Tutorial link below:

1 Like

Effectively, it works. The downsight, it’s that we can’t change initial url at runtime or set url when we creat the widget at runtime. It’s possible with LambdaWebBrowser, but this plugin doesn’t render on android devices…