Does the Live Link app works better with a LIDAR iphone (pro)?

Hey!
Wondering about if it’s worth to get an iphone 12/13 pro for better performance than regular 12/13 because of the LIDAR sensor. Does the Live Link works better with LIDAR?
Have anyone tested it?

Did you ever get an answer or figure it out? Its pretty disappointing how little info we get from Livelink and Metahuman device testing

1 Like

Yeah, I totally agree. Not much info on recommended devices and if they work better than other devices.

Here’s my 2 cents though;
iPhone’s front camera isn’t LIDAR. Only the back camera has LIDAR (on the pro models). So actually a Pro iPhone won’t really help in terms of “getting a better scan” or something.
With that said, a Pro iPhone might help with less over heating while capturing with Live Link and higher camera quality (which might help to capture sharper and more detailed video for easier Live Link animation solving)

I’m running on an iPhone 12 Pro and getting superior results with the new MetaHuman Animator.
Though, I think you can go without Pro iPhone and still get amazing results honestly.

Good luck!

Just wanted to make an update. I got an Ipad Pro 11 (4th gen) now and it works perfectly with Live Link. Basically from my testing it seems as long as your device has a TrueDepth Camera, then Live Link should work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.