Does the Honor 7s work for android development deployment?

I am currently testing a game and my Samsung S3 is not supported for when I package and deploy it. As I can find no list of supported phones. Does anyone know if the Hawuei Honor 7S works. Thank you.

Hello my friend,

For your request, I need to know the Android version of your device.
However, for saving time, check every settings from the Project Settings > Platforms > Platforms - Android

Bests,

I have a Honor 8 which works fine for deployment. Obviously you’ll have to enable android developer mode on your phone. I guess the Honor 7S should work find too, as long as you use OpenGL ES3.1 (which is now default for Unreal 4.24). If that fails, try to go lower (e.g. ES 3.0). I’m not sure whether it would support Vulkan (ASTC) but I doubt it so leave that out.

Also do a basic test first with a default Unreal template with mobile starter content and just a few meshes in the world before doing fancy stuff. Also avoid meshes with more than 4 materials per mesh as they may not even be rendered (if you’re using OpenGL ES).

In the Project Launcher, you can select the Variant that suits your type of phone:

More info and requirements: