Does path exists works in mysterious ways

Hello,

In my game, I have buildings all inherited from the master class BP_BaseBuilding. From my IA, I do an environment query Does Path Exist to filter which building it could effectively attack:

Here is what the Query Debugger gives me:

As you can see, it works for most buildings but not for others.
I understand that it tries to find a path to the worldlocation of the building and this one is outside the navmesh. Nonetheless, it still works for most buildings. Changing the agent radius on the navmesh to as little as possible doesn’t solve this problem.
I thought about solutions but they are all very tedious and because it already works this way for most buildings I feel like there is a very simple one.
Is there a “margin of error” or “tile size” for the pathfinding that I could, maybe, manipulate in order to solve my problem ?

Many thanks,
Pauly-Bee

I still have that problem and the solutions I find by myself are not convincing. Any Idea anybody ?

@MieszkoZ Sorry to disturb but do you have any idea ?
For the moment I make a circle with 3 locations around each wall so I am sure one return true on “does path exist”. Then I go through all my buildings and find the closest one so I can actually have the actor instead of a location next to it. But this might get very pricey when running on a lot of AIs.

I do really feel like there is a simple variable for the outside navmesh search radius or error margin I could tweek a bit to solve my problem easily :smiley:
Cheers