Does HTML5 export work for Unreal 4-27 and 5?

Learning Unreal for work and need to export or project to the web. We’re aiming to use unreal 5 when it releases, but we’re building in 4.27 currently. I found the Github repo for the HTML5 enabled unreal 4.24 but I need to know if I can take the HTML5 export components and add them into 4.27 (idk if this is just copying and pasting some files into 4.27 or another process). I’d appreciate any info you guys can send me, its been mindboggling for the last couple of weeks trying to figure it out myself.

try sticking in 4.26/4.27 as

1. it’s a web browser, you don’t wanna crash other end PCs
  2. UE 5 is not stable as you’re assuming
  3. the support of HTML5 has been deprecated after 4.24, so if you find any bugs, you won’t get any workarounds
  4. i have Enjoyed making a project in 4.26 for the HTML5, and i pretty much loved it, it’s running seamlessly, you can’t find that seamless in UE5

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn’t realize UE5 was that unstable. I figured it would be pretty decent with the new preview they dropped the other day.

Out of curiosity, how did you set up your project for 4.26? Did you follow the github steps or did you use another resource?

yes,
with the steps given at github repo, it was piece of cake!!
don’t stress up, the support is vast and great!!

and for the matter of fact, yes, UE5 is unstable, i had to switch back to 4.27.2, check up my discussion, am i the only one facing or what, i don’t know yet

but you start enjoying making HTML project, hope you enjoy making it!!!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your advice.

Just a note, if you want HTML5 support the last version that has it is 4.24, and you can’t just copy and paste from that version to newer versions to add it back

Ok, so is it possible to get HTML5 working in 4.27? I’m completely new to Unreal so I’m a bit out of my depth here. It sounds like devild was able to get it to work.

It’s possible in that the source is available, but it would likely require a lot of work and a lot of skill.

hello, im trying to look for the same issue Unreal 5 to HTML, can you share with me please

Hey, I’m running into other users who are saying that the conversion up to anything beyond 4.25 resulted in issues with browser compatibility and rendering issues. Is that your experience as well?

4.25 and beyond do not include HTML5 support, it’d be best if you need that as a feature that you look for another solution outside of Unreal.

I am recently working on packaging UE4 projects into HTML5, and I hope to be able to use the 4.27 version of the engine.
Is anyone running normally on 4.27?
I tried, but there was a problem when packaging that the oodle format was not supported, so I turned off the plugin. After that, the package succeeded, but the screen was black at runtime.
Check the log and analyze, may be 4.27 does not support SP_OPENGL_ES2_WEBGL and
replaced by SP_OPENGL_ES3_1_ANDROID ? Or some webgl errors such as “invalid_operation: drawarrays: no buffer is bound to enabled attribute”?

请问下,最后解决了吗?