Does Debug EU4 Editor support cross-compile for LinuxArm64?

Hello forum,

I download the UE4 source code,following the “Cross-Compiling for Linux” I can build UE4Game-LinuxAArch64-Debug and UE4Server-LinuxAArch64-Debug, but I can not build the UE4 Editor.

I got bellow error when DebugGame is runing:
[2020.03.30-08.11.08:576][ 0]LogShaders: Error: The global shader cache file ‘/home/nvidia/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-SF_VULKAN_SM5.bin’ is missing.

Anserhub told me this error maybe can fix with UE4 Editor,but I can not get Editor binaries file.

I want to know if I choose the wrong configuration or Editor does not support LinuxAArch64 platform.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello! As of now (4.24) the UE4 editor can only be run on x86_64.

It seems that you just built a binary, but did not produce a full build (i.e. did not prepare a content that it can read). By default, .uasset files are stored in the form that is readable by the editor only and cannot be read by games or servers, for that, they need to be “cooked”. Please package a complete build by using File->Package, it should produce the necessary content and put the binary next to it. Such a build will be runnable on the target system.

Thanks,RCL

Do you know how to fixed this error on Linux Arm64 platform:

[2020.03.30-08.11.08:576][ 0]LogShaders: Error: The global shader cache file ‘/home/nvidia/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-SF_VULKAN_SM5.bin’ is missing.

Your application is built to load COOKED content. No COOKED content was found; This usually means you did not cook content for this build.
It also may indicate missing cooked data for a shader platform(e.g., OpenGL under Windows): Make sure your platform’s packaging settings include this Targeted RHI.

Alternatively build and run the UNCOOKED version instead.

Thank you!

1 Like