Does anyone know, how to create an intro video with a skip button in unreal?

Hi. Does anyone know, how to create a intro video with a skip button in unreal? I am making a mobile game in unreal and I have a video as a separate file which I want to be played at the start of the game and it should also have a skip button at the bottom so that the player can skip the video and go to the main menu. How can I do that? Can anyone help me? I would also appreciate help regarding an outro video which i wanna play when i step on a trigger box/trigger volume. Any help will be appreciated

Hello! This is rather simple thing. Take a look at this Play a Video File | Unreal Engine Documentation

Yes, sure! You just need MediaPlayer and MediaTexture, that can be applied as material in Brush params… So all stuff above is ok with both meshes in 3D scene and widgets… As for play, stop, pause and etc - you can do it with MediaPlayer.

There a project settings page for videos. You can make them skipable there:

i don’t want to play the video attached to a static mesh, while i play the game. I want an intro video. like a splash screen and also with a skip button. more like a cinematic intro before i actually start playing the game

1 Like