Does anyone know how a metahuman can hold a static mesh using sockets? I can create a socket on the hand and appear to be able to create a relationship between the hand and static mesh using socket snapping, but when I move the hand the static mesh does not move.
I am also having a difficult time attaching a prop to a Metahuman that I’m driving with a Live Link from iClone. I keep doing tutorials but most spawn at Runtime. I’m using Take Recorder. I can create Sockets on the skeleton but I can’t find or attach anything to them.
I’m obviously needing some Blueprint nodes to do this but can’t find any help online.
Well a bit light on what you are looking to do but the easy way is to add the mesh to the Metahuman character BP as a component and parent it to the socket as a child object
What’s not helpful in a lot of forums, especially when newbies are looking for help is when a guru posts something like, “just create a thingamajig and connect it to a whathimacallit.”
Newbies first of all don’t often know what the items are nor where to find them. Not that what I have below is a complete workflow but, I worked something out and made a note for myself so I could do it again.
Here’s my note. I hope it’s good enough for you to get something working. It worked in my situation which might be slightly different than yours.
USE SOCKET TO ATTACH TO BLUEPRINT METAHUMAN CHARACTER
- Drag prop Static Mesh into view and leave selected.
- Go to Blueprint for character and click ‘Add’ and the static mesh of the prop should be selected at the very top. Add it.
- Drag it to nest under the ‘Body’ of the character.
- In the ‘Details’ for the prop, find the ‘Sockets’ section and click the magnifying glass icon to go find the Socket you created.
- Enter the characters SkeletalMesh to edit/move the Socket as needed.