Does anyone have a solution to the incredibly slow loading time of the thumbnails on the Media page? I had hoped 2023 would fix this but it only seems to have gotten worse.

Settings have all been lowered, model file has been moved to local drive instead of network location, PC is exceptionally high spec'd, views reduced down to bare minimum, etc.

Yes, I can confirm that.

Although I am connected to the fiber optic network, the download really takes too long.

My libraries are usually also on network drives because they are very large,

but unfortunately I had to make compromises with Twinmotion. System Programs and Projects

are exclusively on SSD, libraries on a local internal hard drive of the workstation.

The current problem is that the Megascan library of Twinmotion is always available when restart

it will be forgotten. I have to load it over and over again.

I think the question is to do with slow regeneration of Media thumbnails in a TM file, not downloading libraries over the internet/ network.

Thumbnail generation in Media is something I've also noticed as being very slow.

The solution I've been told is to switch off the Pathtracer for each Media thumbnail (saved view) - but that is impractical for a file with a large number of Media thumbnails. I made a suggestion to "archive" unused thumbnails (see item 2. in the post below).

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/question/0D54z00007iKI8eCAG/scene-graph-collapsible-containers-and-archive-saved-views?language=en_US

It would be very useful for this to be implemented - my projects typically have many saved views that are not being re-rendered on a day-to-day basis, but are needed at some point in the future - ie. no need to regenerate them each time I open the file.

I submitted this a year ago, but haven't seen it show up on the roadmap yet.

Hi Adigitata,

Yes, this is exactly what I've referring to. Turning off path tracing would be fine if during export you had the option to turn it back on without going back to each individual view. It seems a very clunky way of working and controlling the exports, not sure why it was implemented that way in the first place. Whatever method they have for generating the thumbnails it clearly isn't optimised and at the moment is a massive draw on using the program for large scale projects.