Do you guys think its worth creating a game from scratch to earn money?

Thoughts on this?

No programming skills, no 3D modeling skills no nothing and doing everything myself.

Any point in this with 2 years of allowance and living expenses to ride on? realistically speaking how profitable would this even be? or should I instead enjoy my life and play video games and just get a regular job?

I have a confession I just started learning programming and I am really loving it, that is why I was asking this question wondering if to continue this and develop some programming skills that I could use to make money off

My advice to you is to find work you are passionate about doing. If you are just looking for work, there are plenty of those around. If you are loving programming, I say do it and even if you work elsewhere as well, isn’t it worth it?

You are in luck loving programming, as it is a skill that currently is in great demand all over the world.

If you are looking for a stable income, google around for advise on how to get the proved skills needed to be hired as a professional developer. With dedication you should be able to get at least an internship after two years.

The same can not be said about game development. It is an area relatively difficult to earn a living in. But after you got a stable base of programming skills and a day job, you can continue working on game development and transition to that area if you find it fun enough.

Success isn’t something that you can plan for, there’s a good chance that you wouldn’t make enough profit to cover your costs.

Alright thanks guys I will still go ahead and learn the programming, if I could make a metal slug clone I will. I will give it a go just for the experience, if I make money so be it if not then so be it atleast I would still have accomplished something in the process of learning programming.

I really love programming but I am 31 years old. I never knew I could like something this much.

Alright thanks guys I will still go ahead and learn the programming, if I could make a metal slug clone I will. I will give it a go just for the experience, if I make money so be it if not then so be it atleast I would still have accomplished something in the process of learning programming.

I really love programming but I am 31 years old. I never knew I could like something this much. Who knows maybe I could end up creating kind of AI script and sell on the market place or something yeah?

You are never to old to learn new skills.