Do we need to update .gitignore for UE5 and when using Lyra as a project base?

Just created a new project and setup repo on my Github account, copy-pasted recommended .gitignore and .gitattributes files but got a warning from the remote server (GitHub):

remote: warning: File Plugins/GameFeatures/ShooterCore/Binaries/Win64/UnrealEditor-ShooterCoreRuntime.pdb is 55.23 MB; this is larger than GitHub's recommended maximum file size of 50.00 MB
remote: warning: GH001: Large files detected. You may want to try Git Large File Storage - https://git-lfs.github.com.

When I check the gitignore file it is set to ignore binaries within the plugins folder:

Plugins/*/Binaries/*

but probably because of the folder structure this rule does not ignore this pdb binary file inside the game features.

Since the concept of features as runtime plugins is relatively new thing (at least for me) does this mean we need to update gitignore file to include binaries here as well? Do we need to ignore this file or do we need it checked in? This looks to me like an auto generated binary, but maybe I am wrong.

I’m thinking that they need to update or address UE5/Lyra and git. Here’s another post for git issues that myself and others are having with git and Lyra: