Do I need to worry about these missing dlls?

Ever since upgrading to 4.18.1 I’ve been experiencing all inds of VR issues. Using a rift latest updates installed.

I get these missing dll errors on 2 completely different machines. One running windows 7 64 enterprise (Japanese) w/ an nvidia 670 (latest drivers), the other running a Windows 10 64 Home (U.S.) with an r9 390 (latest drivers).

All projects on the Windows 10 PC (4.16, 4.17, 4.18) launch fine, but 4.18 projects crash at seemingly random times within a few minutes. It’s the default VR Template that’s crashing.

Log file open, 12/02/17 15:22:31
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘aqProf.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘aqProf.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ does not exist
LogInit: Display: Running engine for game: VRTest
LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper

Is it OK to ignore these missing dlls? Would the cause of the crash be something else?

Edit: Doesn’t seem like it crashes when I do VR Preview on a blank 4.18 project…

I would try to reinstall the Engine making sure you run it with full Administrative rights.

Regarding the crashes with 4.18, many people have been experiencing them. It seems to be more stable with 4.18.1 but still it does crash from time to time. Very likely this is unrelated from the missing DLL’s.

One thing that seemed to help on my side was to turn off the CPU Boost Mode (throttling or overclocking).

I take it I should worry about those missing dlls? hehe

Sorry for the laggy response, and thank you for the info. By chance my work supplied me with a new Windows 10 machine when I reported an issue with the Vive lighthouses - they wanted to make sure the PC wasn’t the cause of it first before having to do all the legwork to get new/repaired lighthouses.

Upon installing UE4 fresh (actually 4.18.2 was available then), it seems my VR woes, and dll mssing errors have disappeared. (Unfortunately, I don’t recall if I installed it with Amin rights - I think I did though.)

That’s really interesting CPU Boost Mode could have something to do with this. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. Thanks for mentioning multiple viable solutions. The PC this issue surfaced on, however, was stock everything.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time to help, vr_marco. Much appreciated! In my case, I believe a new install of the Engine (and or reinstalling in fresh with admin rights) got those dlls to install just as you recommended.

I am having troubles, fortnite almost loads and then returns to the launch screen. The second time you try it returns a UR4 crash window

In the log report it is missing the exact same files
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘aqProf.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘aqProf.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ does not exist

Tim