I’m evaluating UE4 for several projects. For now, I’m still using Unity3D.
Before making the move, I would like to clarify few areas around the fees/royalties.
Following is my business case:
- I want to setup a (cloud) platform to share/access 3D clinical usecase for training purpose (e.g: to learn a pathology, how to manage a patient, to perform an examination …)
- Each training usecase will be specific (depends on the school/hospital that provided requirements/specs)
- Only the registered/authorized people can access the clinical use cases available on the “training platform”
- People will be : doctors, students, patients
- Above people don’t pay to access the clinical usecase
- They can access the training simulator through their browsers/desktop/mobile (by downloading/launching the related app)
- Payment is done by the subscribers. I mean schools, hospitals or other government institution
- The cost depends on : the clinical usecase defined by the doctors / schools / hospital or other government institution + platform usage (in order to scale servers resources according to the workload/network bandwidth)
- My development team is composed of several Software Engineers and 3D artists
Basically, I just want to know if I’ve to pay any royalties/fees for this kind of project.