Do I need to know blueprints. UE5

I’m only interested in making videos in Unreal. I want to just use levels, a control rig, splines, the sequencer and an outlining post process. And obviously materials, shaders, mesh, etc. Is there a viable workflow that avoids blueprints entirely (that works.)

i worked at 2 companies over 3 years without knowing how to use blueprints before i started using them. I only did cinematics in UE.

you’re doing yourself a disservice without learning blueprints though, you can’t even fully utilize control rig without knowing blueprints

I hear ya. Thanks.

hey,
its always important to learn it before using it. i agree with YuuJin, if you work on it, without proper knowledge, it wont help you.

To learn, start the project directly and try to solve the problem by searching for the necessary codes. I learned most programs by starting big projects with zero knowledge :slight_smile:
Training from scratch wastes a lot of your time.

I agree. Learning the rules of blue prints is easy. Unreal does a really top notch job and the tutorials out there are awesome. But I’m scared of all those nodes. I mean my god, when you scroll down, does that list just start looping or something?

But I gotta make my own control rigs so whatareyagonnado.