Do I need to fill Epics release form, if I intend to distribute my game for free on steam?

Basically the title. There is this release form provided here → https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/release. As far as I understand, it serves as a notification for Epic that I intend to release a game, for which I will be collecting revenue. I intend to release a game for free on steam. Do I still need to fill this form provided in " Notification of release" paragraph?

It is only if you plan on generating revenue from the game. If you release your game for free, but then later on decide to start generating revenue with it, the ask is that you submit the form at the time when you make this change.

Wording from the EULA:
Before you Distribute a Royalty Product that will generate revenue, you must give Epic notice of your intended Distribution (“Notice of Distribution”) as early as reasonably possible and in any event prior to the Distribution of the Royalty Product. Likewise, if you plan on beginning to generate revenue from a Royalty Product that you have already Distributed, you must submit a Notice of Distribution as early as reasonably possible before the Royalty Product is used to generate revenue.

1 Like