Do " Animation Transition from every state" exists ?

Hey there, I hope you are all good :slight_smile:

I’m coming from Unity, in which you have a great feature in animation graph: Transition from every state:

This allows you to trigger a transition from any state, without creating a link Kraken. For example, I could have 300 grounded animations, but from any state call my jump animation with 1 link.

Does this feature exist in Unreal? The last topic about this is from 2016, maybe now it exists.

Go from this

To this

Thanks in advance, and have a great day :smiley:

This generally doesn’t work out that well IMO. (I don’t know if Unreal has it, but I don’t miss it.)
Assuming it’s not available, you might want to look at sub-state-machines instead.
You can do this with a top-level machine that goes between “grounded states” and “jumping state” and then there are other states within “grounded.”

Another alternative is to use an “override” selector in the animation flow graph, which switches between “grounded” and “jumping.”

2 Likes

Hey man, thank you so much for the answer, this is exactly what I’m looking for. Can you tell me how to achieve this?
I searched for “Sub-State-Machine” but nothing show up. I assume I can do this by having a master state machine, creating my different states like “grounded”, “jumping”, etc… and inside of these creating new state machines for the micro?

Again thank you and have a nice day ^^

I mis-remembered slightly – it’s not the state machine that has a sub-state-machine, it’s the animation blueprint.

So, this is how you’d set it up:

Right-click the animation blueprint animation graph, and type “new state” to find the “new state machine” option.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll give it a try!

This topic has been moved from International to Character & Animation.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. This thread has been moved to help other devs with similar questions.

Happy developing! :slight_smile: