Distributed Engine Source Compilation Alternative

Does anyone know if there is any cheaper/free alternative to Incredibuild? I have 4 old PCs at home that I would love to use to speed up my compilation times. Looking at the Incredibuild licesing options it would cost me somewhere in the range of 3000$ which I do not even want to consider. Googling around I found FastBuild but looks like there is no maintained UE4 integration for 4.23 and onwards. Not sure if anyone else already had a look at that would really appreciate if someone had some insight on that topic.

FASTBuild is the only one I know of. You will need to work from a source build and maintain it yourself though.

Incredibuild prices are frankly a joke for most folks, but nothing to huge software corporations - that’s who it’s made for really.

Well, SN-DBS, but of course that is not an option for most people unless you’re already licensed for Sony development. I’ve had issues getting SNDBS to work with Unreal Engine 4.24, it’s not worth the effort in my opinion.

Yeah, Incredibuild has really raised their prices since the last time I looked at it. It’s still worth it in terms of time saved, though.

For your situation I would recommend a 32-core ThreadRipper 3970 machine with M2 SSD I/O.