Distortion after retarget

I retargeted my animation according to this guide (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/…erentSkeletons) but after i done it the animation was right, but the mesh got completely distorted. I am sure that the skeleton was retargeted right. I tried to retarget some of the Mannequin animations. What i basically did was to retarget the skeleteon with the retarget manager and the i right-clicked on the animation and retargeted that to the new character. Maybe someone has ideas how to fix this ? I actually do not know what information to provide else so if anything is needed please write.

PS. I used the program “Make Human” to create the character and used the game engine skeleton.

Same issue here, can’t find anyone who knows.

Did you forgot this step?

1 Like

Could be the re-targeting has the wrong bones matched.
could also be that the re-targeting pose is not correct.

hard to tell from just a shot of the distortion.

It’s a twist bone problem.
The MakeHuman bone ‘lowerarm02_L’ is followed by the next bone, while Epic bone ‘lowerarm_twist_01_l’ has no child bone.
Just ignore the bone. If you find a better solution, let me know.

2 Likes

I had the same issue when retargeting some animations from the UE4 skeleton to the CC4 skeleton. It will work after setting the source chain to None for Twist. I specifically looked at the IK Retargeter that UE4 skeleton to the UE5 skeleton, which also sets the source chain to None in some places