Disable Snapping in Node Editor

Snapping can be annoying sometimes when two nodes don’t get aligned nicely, and yes you can use something like straighten nodes, but that takes time which adds up and that also doesn’t always work as expected or needed. It’d be a nice quality of life feature to be able to easily disable the blueprint node editor, material node editor etc.

Keybind node alignment, it works really well and is intuitive. Align left / right and straighten is the stuff I use constantly.

Also, you can adjust snapping to be more granular in the settings.

1 Like

This was not very helpful as it’s written to me. The settings I needed to find were in the “Editor Preferences Settings”. Select All Settings at the top left and type in “Graph” in the search. You should then see several settings to change the colors and stuff. About 5 settings down (UE5.2) you’ll see “Grid Snap Size” Default for me was 16. I lowered it to 5 and this seems to be much better. Turn it down to 1 and it basically disables snapping.

I tried to get ChatGPT’s help on this one and it kept telling me to fine a cog wheel that doesn’t exist. Google searching this is the only post. Which is a little surprising I would figure there would be more OCD guys out there.

5 Likes

You are not alone! Thank you for your research.