Disable plugins outside of editor?

Thanks, Joe. So I take it building in Development equates with building the binary. I’ll give it a shot.

Hello Joe, I’m currently in Build for Development Editor Win 64. When this completes you want me to switch target to Development Win 64, RMB UE4 in right pane and select Build again to build the binary, yes? To Debug new instance I RMB UE4 once more to navigate the same, but do I first need to reset the target to Development Editor, or is that window simply directing what’s being built and once built, Debug calls up the rebuilt engine appropriately to launch Editor. Yes?

Many thanks.

I don’t think I understand what you’re trying to do. The “missing binary” issue you reported was due to you not building the game executable and you tried to package it. Packaging requires a game exe built. What are you trying to debug?

Sorry to confuse you with my confusion ;^) I think I partially answered my own question, but there’s still a gap in my understanding overall. You said I needed to “build the binary too”, that switching the target to Development Win 64 and running Build accomplished that. I was asking if I needed to switch the target back to Development Editor in order to Debug new instance which is the way I’d been launching the project with the revised build of the engine into Editor. I now see switching the target back is necessary to that end. I’m aware these steps are intended to fix my issue with Missing UE4Game binary when attempting to package the exe in Editor, my questions pertaining to properly setting up in VS 2013 to get me there. Am I now getting it and on track?

Joe, thanks for your continued assistance permitting, but I’m hitting the same wall despite your advice and separately that of two other UE4 staff in related postings. It appears I’ve even taken a step backward in that I’ve lost my Gamepad functionality in play mode. I ran Build in Development Editor, ran Build in Development, switched target back to Development Editor in order for Debug to launch project in Editor under revised engine. I get the same warnings and errors, various maps not found, but the red showstopper being Missing UE4Game binary. Your thoughts.

Thanks.

Sorry, but I’ve run through all the things I think it could be

I understand. I’m kind of at a loss how even to think about resourcing a solution, if you have any thoughts about that. I’ve pioneered a kick-butt 3D capture workflow yielding a data-based virtual environment with cinema-grade treatment of data-based texturing, quite a long road to get to the end of such a pipeline, and abandoning Unity for its lack luster lighting, I’m here in Unreal still hoping to get a lay of the land. It’s truly hit and miss searching solutions to problems over AnswerHub. Many things do get resolved, and it’s not like I expect you or any individual on staff to wave the magic wand, but I’m left wondering how one is to remain responsible to the business side of things if there’s no clear path to resources. Is there maybe not a system for escalation? Thanks for any ideas.

Hello! If I understand correctly, this solution allowed you to restart your project, but without the plugin. Did you ever get to recompile the plugin and use it in your project? (I’m dealing with VaRest too)

An alternative to editing the .uproject file is to rename the broken plugin file from
whatever.uplugin
to
whatever.uplugin.disabled

You made my day!! thanks man! :smiley:

:sweat_smile: