Disable one file per actor

Hi, that’s pretty much it,

How to disable One file per actor on new projects on UE5?

I know is a very powerful and useful addition to previous workflows and teamwork, but sometimes I’m working alone or within a small team and I find myself pushing tons of changes to files in Perforce/GitLFS changelists, making them harder to read/control.

I just want to know how to disable it when a project doesn’t need to have it. Or maybe to have it only for some levels and not for others.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Linqen, thank you for posting your question.

To disable One File per Actor:
From the main menu, go to Edit > Editor Preferences.
From the sidebar, select Experimental.
Locate the Tools section and enable the check box for One File Per Actor.

You can enable it on a per level basis but from what I can tell, you’d need OFPA active.

If you would like to learn more, here is the documentation on OPFA.

I hope this helps you.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer,

Thanks to your solution, I found what was my mistake and misunderstanding,

My issue was with World Partition. The Third Person template starts with a map with it enabled, having one file per actor and using ExternalActors and ExternalObjects.

And because I duplicated that map, the feature was being enabled in my other maps as well. After researching and understanding that, I found that there is a tool that transforms a normal level to World Partition, but by default, if you create a new one, it will be a normal level.

Again, thanks for your support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The tool in question didn’t exist for me, however I was able to disable External Actors by first disabling World Partition via the World Outliner, then just uncheck the External Actors checkbox from the World Outliner as well.

1 Like