Disable DuplicateTransient on variables

Hello, actually I have an event model on my blueprint code where I run an event on the client that then runs an event on the server.

Here is my problem, my variables that are modified on my client before and during the event, that runs on the client. Become NULL.

I can interact with them as long I am on the client-side when I send them to the event that runs on the server. In the server, I receive these variables NULL ( Unknown ).

Client event code:

Server event code:

On client code as you can see I interact with a few functions, any of them deletes the variable, and I put a print before the event call and the variable ( “ACTOR”) is set and I can work with it, but as soon I send to the event, in the server it’s null. I receive it as null ( Unknown ) and I can’t work with it.

That is my variable types:

It’s my object instance type.

That is my debug view:

That is why I put this title to this post "DuplicateTransient " I read that this variable modifier, set all the variables that replicate to null or the default value on replication:

So at least by now, from my last 2 days working on this, I bet that this is my problem and I would want to disable it and see how it works with it disabled in case it’s enabled. I am unable to do it through the editor, the editor only allows me to edit only a few basic modifiers, even though I have enabled the " Allow editing of potentially unsafe properties" option, which I think that I allow me to do that, it’s only a guess, correct me if I am wrong:

That problem has been around my head the last few days and all I get is that the property gets null when I send it to a server event.

I would appreciate your help guys on this, I will continue debugging until I find a way but will appreciate your point on here.

Thanks in advance,
Lorenzo

1 Like