DirectorTools

The goal is to release the plugin before the 1st of December.

This looks great!

#Update

Tutorial video: Skeletal Meshes

This is a great tool and probably one of the most useful plugin I’ll buy :slight_smile:

still very impressed !!
animation blending would be a usefull addition to the skeletal meshes i think.

Do you plan any way for using levels? A main scene that launches other scenes?

Thank you. Blending of Skeletal animations is not supported yet, but it’s already on our “to do” list. However, it’s not going to be added in version 1.0.

Do you mean to support level streaming? To access/animate objects which are in different levels? It is possible, but not that easy as it sounds. You would need to add such connection inside Level Blueprint in each level. However, Director Tools has “multi-timeline” feature, which allows you to work with different scene versions within single level.

Nice video, but there is no blending between animations?
Oh my fault i Just saw the answer, sorry

Will this have any kind of support for events? What my project really needs, which Matinee doesn’t provide a great way of accomplishing, is something that allows dialogue and animation to interact like in most RPGs: play the cutscene until some designated frame, then pause while the player reads through dialogue, then once he’s closed a specific dialogue box, continue to play the cutscene.

Yes, it will. We’re trying to include Custom Events in version 1.0 as it’s already working. However, please keep in mind that Director Tools currently does not support project packaging due to Unreal Engine plugins limitation. It works inside Editor only. It is going to be solved in the next releases.

Timeline.png LvlBP.png

Your scenario is bit more complex example, but it’s possible. You would need to have either a single long master Timeline with all Custom Events on it, or multiple Timelines (per scene/interaction). The first one seems to be more natural way to control dialogue system, but second provides a better organisation and gives more control. Both ways would use Blueprints anyway.

#Update

Quick feature video: Rendering Custom Depth Mask

This is some exciting stuff, keep up the good work!

#Update

Tutorial video: Material animation

is it out?

:smiley:

is it out?

:smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we are still waiting for payments infrastructure. It takes longer than we expected. However, the plugin (version 1.0) is ready!

That is really great to hear, can’t wait.

Well if its a single payment model then $50 is definitely worth it. :smiley: Thanks for this. You know its hard to understand what you need until you see how things can be better. I think we are considering using this for rendering our in-engine cutscenes. :smiley:

Yes. It’s going to be a single payment license with free upgrades :slight_smile:

amazing work:) can you say how many people in your team and how long did it take?

Very cool. Is it possible to adjust the interpolation curve or is it always linear?

Cheers,
Sascha