Direction orientation gone haywire after rotating Camera 45 degree Yaw

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the potential trouble! I am very new to Unreal. I am attempting to set up a simple city-building project with an Isometric view. Following is my camera blueprint with mouse drag mechanism:

Because the map is Isometric, I rotate the Camera at 45 degree Z (Yaw).

Before the rotation, my screen movement with mouse-drag works perfectly fine with up/down Vertical and left/right Horizontal orientations.

However, after the rotation, the movement still follows the old default Vertical and Horizontal axes when I ‘mouse-drag’ my camera. The camera movement now has a 45 degree offset. Say, if I want to move my screen Up, I need to drag my mouse from ‘upper-right’ to ‘lower-right’ corner.

I tried various proposed methods on other forum posts but still can’t get the this resolved. Can someone please help?

What version of UE are you using? ← If UE5: Why not use the Enhanced Input?

Asking because you should do this with the inputs, not tick.

Yes, absolutely! Thank you! I’ve replaced tick with Enhanced Inputs as follow:

Unfortunately, I’m still stuck with the 45 degree offset in regard to the movement direction. I’ve tried experimenting with different Input Action settings of Value Type (Axis1D, 2D…) or of the Modifiers but alas. Can you help with a solution for this?

Try this:

IMC

With a movement component:

Make sure to enable Use Controller Rotation Yaw.

2 Likes

Works like a charm. Thank you so much Pezzott1!! Your guide really helped me resolve this headache. Very much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.