Different meshes with same texture have different colors

Hello, I am having issues with meshes, they have the same texture but shading is different. I read some threads that the problem is in UVs, rotating the meshes fixes the issue but need another way out, I will be attaching the screen below.

Thank you in advance.

It is the UVs. Your texture is slightly darker in certain areas, and you get to see those areas, depending on the mesh orientation.

You can get around it by using a world aligned texture, which basically ignores UVs :slight_smile:

You’ll also find that when you put them next to each other, it looks very natural.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, now my issue is that the texture looks like this(I used datasmith for my scene)

and I cant find diffuese map anywhere

You can follow the base color pin back to find it.

It may well be parameterized, then you have to root around a lot more to find stuff.

I’ve never used datasmith, maybe there’s a ‘world aligned’ tick box :smiley:

Or, you can just make your own material.

PS: Don’t just edit that material, it might be a master…

1 Like

Sorry for bothering you, I found the texture “Texture (3)” It has the right diffuse map in it, however I can’t connect it to textureobject like in the video as it is not a Texture Object

Yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of texture objects…

If you have this sort of setup, maybe you can change it to

It has to be a texture object, not a texture 2D. It’s probably easier to write the material from scratch.

All you need is the albedo and the normal and a couple of world align nodes.

Also, like I say, I think editing that material might be a bad idea, it looks like your master material. Best to start with a new one…

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, will try to figure something out.

1 Like

I can show you how to make the basic material, if you like. Once you know which albedo and normal you want to use, it’s easy.

Sorry for the late response, I was away, That would be awesome brother and would be much appreciated, should I add you somewhere ?

It’s very simple. When you put the textures in, you have to right click and

Then you can make this

That’s it :slight_smile:

UV scaling is much larger with world aligned material ( hence 250 ).

1 Like

Thanks a lot mate, is it necessary to put world alligned texture in every single material that I create ?

No, just that one you’re having a problem with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your time, you helped me a lot

1 Like

I’d like to see the result, I think it should be pretty good :smiley:

Trying it out right now and will post it, I have another question tho :smiley:

Which parameter should I use for UV scaling, can not find the one which is named “Tiling”

It’s just a scalar variable. Hold S and click on the background.