Difference between PIE and packaged project : Characte meshes not showing up!

Hi there,
I’ve worked on a multiplayer simple framework, which I managed to get working in the editor.
Then I cook my project, and, bad surprise : the character meshes are not showing up. Neither the arms mesh (from the first person template) nor my third person mesh (mixamo’s goblin).

So, do anyone has any idea on the differences between PIE and packaged game that could lead to this kind of effects ? Or any idea about the main differences anyway ?
I don’t even know if it’s a mesh or a shader problem, and I have no idea how to get more debug info ingame. I can’t even get the wireframe command console to work in order to see if my mesh is here or not. Probably not since physbody raytrace doesn’t get any result.

More infos for precise diagnosis if you feel like it.
Everything else works just fine, each player sees the debug text above everyone’s head, everyone can see health being decremented, player dies and respawn as designed, and players even collide with each others. On attack, I spawn FX that shows up just fine as well.
If I place an unpossessed version of my pawn, it shows up just fine.

My character inherits from a custom class BP I made, and meshes and shaders are variables, wich are set on begin play inside the childBP. Once again it works perfectly on PIE mode.

I think that’s about it, I can’t figure out what’s happening there, any idea, suggestion or info about PIE vs packaged game are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Did you find the reason? I have the same problem. I’m also spawning a character class that inherits from another one. I say that because apparently there’s trouble with inheritance: link text. However I tried what this post says and still does not work for me (4.7.5, I’m going to try the first 4.8 preview just in case). Everything works fine in the editor, but the character is not visible (by the player itself or from an outside camera).

I’m happy to confirm that the first preview of 4.8 fixed the problem for me. I can see the character’s mesh again once packaged!

That’s nice.
I personnally managed to get rid of the problem with something interesting :
Not having an event begin play on the parent and the child class !
So I have a script in the parent class doing all kinds of stuff on begin play, and then sending a “post-initialize” custom event, that the child class use as an event begin play.
Maybe good to know if you encounter the same kind of problems later.