Did Unreal just corrupted my project?

A few days ago I started a new UE project and during today’s work session it just broke. I was just moving nodes and testing changes and once I clicked the play button another time I noticed that player doesn’t move and nothing else works except mouse input. I tapped escape and saw this in the message log:

Thousands of “Accessed None” messages and all of them are related to Character movement and Capsule component. I literally don’t understand what the hell happened and how to fix it.

Any ideas?

/Update

I’m using GitHub for version control so I created a brunch from yesterday’s commit and started checking the difference and found some in BP hierarchy:

Yesterday’s version:
Screenshot 2024-02-13 185705

Today’s version:
Screenshot 2024-02-13 185757

Capsule component became Root component (who knows how did that happen). Also, there are 0 properties in the details panel when I select Root component or Character movement in today’s version, but I see everything in yesterday’s. Maybe I clicked somewhere accidentally while switching windows, well, would be great to know what action led to this.

The accessed none is because there’s a mistake in your blue print :wink:

It’s been covered literally hundreds of times on here.

The rest, I think, is a bug. I’ve seen others reporting it. I’m afraid I’m not sure what the solution to that is ( I will take a look )

Well yeah, I agree that Accecced none is a common thing but I re-checked every inch of a blueprint and found 0 mistakes. Btw I didn’t even work with character movement or capsule component nodes when that happened.

Anyway, I restored previous version of the project and moved all changes to it, works perfectly.

But still, interesting what’s the reason behind this situation. Maybe really it’s just an UE5 bug?

1 Like

I’ve seen the missing details for a component quite a lot, so I’m assuming it’s a ‘feature’…

1 Like