Did they get rid of the Metasound's "Get Parameter Interface" node?

So far the only way to pass inputs to a Metasound via Blueprint is to use the Get Parameter Interface node.

But now it seems to have vanished. Without it there’s not much point to a procedural sound system that can’t be altered in realtime. May as well do all the alterations in a 3rd party editor and save out the wave files.

All the documentation links 404. The only surviving page is this high-level overview which is useless

2 Likes

You no longer need the Get Parameter Interface. Pull from the AudioComponent and just call Set Parameter Float. You should get the call correct. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m a beginner of UE and MetaSounds. But Im familiar with MaxMSP. I want to learn Metasounds because it’s similar with MaxMSP somehow and I want to try to apply the procedual audio in game. One thing really upsets me is that, there’re no proper documentation. I know it’s a Beta version, but I think it was published at last summer, there should be something readable for the developers now.

There’s this on the more technical side, and a New in MetaSounds Since EA in the KB section if you’re looking for info on stuff like Variables. + I think a couple people have posted intro to MetaSound videos here on UE Hub. Maybe worth a search of the Learning Tab?

(I promise, I’ve escalated the lack of official MetaSound docs several times. We’re working on it :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Hi, without documentation it is very difficult to work with it. I am facing the same problems. Unfortunately, you can’t look into other people’s heads and see what the MetaSound developers were thinking.

at all when nods are removed and replaced by others. i would have liked to use it but so it makes no sense for me as a beginner to work with it.

Have you taken a look at the quickstarts here in the Dev Community? They’re admittedly a little hard to find - this is a pretty good one for stuff like the Blueprint interface, and this is a fantastic general overview. There’s also the KB on the stuff that’s been added since EA. And Dave Reybould has an amazing set of unofficial docs that you can find here.

no I did not know that thank you.