DICETINY: The Lord of the Dice, a mutant baby of CCG, Tabletop, and RPG

Thanks! =D

Working on the menus. Yeah, it’s kinda shiny.

Ohh! Can’t wait for this!!

We will do our best to get it out as soon as possible! =D

Hey guys, here’s a video showing our latest development with our game Dicetiny. In this amateurish video made with Power Director, a free movie making tool, and also one of the most annoying tools to work with, we show you new features like two dice, the shop, the temple, and neutral minions who you can either battle or bribe.

The following video introduces Rogue, the newest edition to the classes of Dicetiny. It also reveals the new name for the warrior, Donald Slater.

Hi guys,

Where do I start…Hm…Many things happened since my last post here. We switched our direction from multiplayer to singleplayer, from mobile to PC, and launched Dicetiny on Steam Early Access. What? Yes, Steam Early Access. It happened recently. Two weeks ago to be exact. Here’s a link. DICETINY: The Lord of the Dice on Steam

How has the response been so far? I guess it’s not bad. Right now, 75% of the user reviews are positive, so it’s not bad. If we look at the negative reviews, there are three things that are usually found in them. One, Fatal Error. Prior to Early Access, we had only done one or two beta testing with very limited number of people, say, maybe aroudn 10 or 20. I think this lack of beta testing is costing us. We just didn’t spend enough time to correct crashes and bugs. It really hurts us to see the most popular thread in the Community Hub is about Fatal Error as you can see here: Steam Community :: Error We’re now more clear on when this crash happens but yet to find the cause of it. We’re suspecting this is a bug on the Enreal Engine 4’s end, but can’t say for sure. Our fingers are crossed that we get to the bottom of this soon.

Second thing we see the most is “Lack of content”. The current build only has four stages which give you about 80 minutes of playtime. We have a limited number of cards at the moment, and the differences between the classes we have right now aren’t very apparent. To be honest, we changed the direction for the game a few times, so that cost us time, and that’s why we don’t have as much content as we should by now. Anyhow since we feel that we now have more solid game direction, it will be just a matter of time for us to add more and more content moving forward.

Lastly, this maybe a problem that many developers from non-English speaking countries experience, but all the texts in the game were translated by me, and I speak reasonable English at best, so all the typos and grammar mistakes are letting some users leave in distaste. As a counteractive measure, we just opened a sub-forum where we post a certain text from the game, and have users proof-read, or users can just post a text that they think is a little off.

If we manage to solve these three problems, we will be able to raise the quality of the game one level higher. Please keep your eyes on us guys!

Took some screenshots while hanging out in the editor.

Stuff we are working on.

Taunt giving system

Battle Log on the left hand side

Funny thing is…I saw this on steam before seeing this thread.

Looks great!