Dialogue System?

Sorry, my game is a FPS so I dont know how mouse work, but my advice is that you start only with the Dialogue System because you can save cross problems. Those gate sound very dangerous.

opss, ok read the second now.

Have you figured out how to read from a text file from the blueprints, or are you writing all text within the blueprint itself?

I use string arrays in NPC base class.

That sounds great. Are you just making an event that brings up a specific HUD element? I’m trying to make this dialogue system something that can just be called, and you create the dialogue tree on each object individually, instead of diving into blueprint to modify the dialogue tree.

All npc have the same interface, i dont need touch the hud if i do new dialoges, i can send 1,2 or 3 questions, the HUD manage the visual part.

Sorry to revive the thread, didn’t want to start a new one and clutter things up.

Is it possible to make a custom struct (in C++) that can used within blueprints? I’m trying to make a dialogue tree, where different options, sent the player to different parts of the dialogue (a la Mass Effect). And looking at just using blueprints, I can’t seem to fully wrap my head around it. (I would also really like the ability to create a system, where my designers and writers can drag in an “NPC” blueprint and customize the dialogue tree from the editor without having to jump in the blueprints.

The way I see it, if it were possible to do, is create something like this:

Sorry if it is hard to understand, but anyone think it is a possibility?

Yes, as I mentioned before,

For that once you created your struct(s), add the macro USTRUCT() for it, with any of the specifiers and meta data you need (at least the BlueprintType specifier), and you can access it from BP.

you need create a base and send the end of the dialogues to those base.

e00a06f4f16905fa71568b9769600e9c0e8c1255.jpeg

I use custom events to save spaghetti mess.

Hey there, just want to throw something in.
You mentioned having problems with the click event.
In the Top-Down-Template the Input is blocked on the MyCharacter Blueprint if i remember right.
You can enable it if you open up the blueprint, go to the defaults tab, scroll way down to Input and uncheck “Block Input”.