Dialogue system using real voice

Hello !

I am doing a dialogue system for my game. I am using wave file for the voices and I plan to use data table to create a dialogue system.

Before I begin, I have found that Unreal have a documentation for a dialogue system that is not using data table at all but another thing that I didn’t know :

I didn’t understand everything to the documentation. It is really well explained part by part but I can’t get the point of all of that and see if this kind of solution can be good for me.

So I tried to have more information about all the things that were in the documentation “Dialogue voice” variable and “Dialogue Wave” variable but I find nobody that was using the same thing we have in this doc.

I was wondering if this documentation is totally out of date, if this system is not interesting and why people totally ignore it…

The problem is that after looking at the doc 2 or 3 times, I don’t understand where I add my little .wav files with the sentences in it and how I can create a real dialogue (for exemple NPC say a sentence, player have choice between 3 answer, then NPC say another sentence… etc.).
In fact, it was really clear in my head how we can do it using data table. But I would like to be sure that this obscur solution was not simpler or better.

I precise that I am doing a multiplayer game, and I am not english so maybe I miss something in the doc.

Thank you in advance for your help and your time.

All the best