First post in this devblog which I hope will become a weekly thing, mostly to receive feedback and suggestions on what I post.
The intent is to combine the gameplay of a First Person camera and Dwarf Fotress, Stronghold, Settlers and other similar city builder simulations to make a unique gaming experience.
If anyone is interested you can check out my Trello board, if there is interest I might let you guys vote for what you would like to see next.
Currently implemented/partly implemented:
- “Infinite” voxel world in all three directions
- Voxel creation and destruction
- Both opaque and transparent voxels
- Voxels can have any shape and form, not just blocks
- Voxel physics
- Inventory and item system
- Biome system
- Simplified meshing(you can see this at the end of the video)
And some media:
Just me running around building/destroying stuff. Shows some physics, biomes and the Greedy meshing algorithm:
Just a short video showcasing the block physics
Temperate Forest biome:
Higher altitude means lower temperature and moisture, which means less vegetation, lots of different biomes in this one:
Boreal Forest biome: