Download

Development TIme

So I use unity also but thinking about switching to Unreal completely so ive been asking and reading other views on the engines. I said why unity and one person had said he would show off his progress of a couple months to his freinds using c++ and they couldnt say anything most people say unity is for speed not power. Would developing in c++ could i get the same progress as c# in equal time or does c++ require more code. p.s im new.

Hard to give a meaningful answer to this as its not just about the language. There are a lot of different factors like how complicated the game is (what genre), how much insider knowledge of the engine is needed to implement it, how good are the UE4 examples, is there documentation and is it up to date etc. Last but not least, is the engine stable and how much reworking of code is required between releases etc…

C# in Unity is heavily componentized which saves time and makes the process faster. UE4 C++ is heavily abstracted and so easier than generic C++ API work, but you’ll still have to learn a lot about the engine and the object model Unreal uses, which varies quite a bit from Unity’s… Did you use VS or Mono before? Overall its best to never underestimate C++ development, especially if you’re making promises on lead times to executives or users. Start here…

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/GettingStarted/FromUnity/index.html

Thanks for the response and no didnt read that section ill look into it thank you