Developing marketplace plugins for multiple engine versions

I am a bit confused about what I need to do to put a C++ plugin on the marketplace for multiple UE engine versions. I have built versions of my plugin for 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 (so far). I am wondering what I need to submitt?

• Do I have to submit binary/source for all 4 engine versions every time I do an update?
  • If I make a version for UE 5.4 that has new features, will I need to resubmit all the previous versions or can I just add the new one?
  • Is there some workflow that allows me to develop without needing to have all the old engine versions locally on my computer?

I have similar questions about content-only plugins. If I have submitted a content pack for 5.1 and do an updated version with new features for 5.3, can I just publish the 5.3 pack and leave the old 5.1 pack alone.

I’m sure this has been discussed before but I haven’t found where it’s covered, just a pointer to the right (and most up to date) doc would be a big help!

Hi,

You submit the build (but you exclude the binaries as they build them) for each engine version you want to support - but you can only support the latest 3 UE versions. They build using the UAT build system, so it’s good to build with that - sometimes it finds errors that Visual Studio doesn’t.

You can just update the latest version, but it can be helpful for customers to have those updates in the previous 2 versions as well, so submitting the latest 3 UE versions is recommended.