Develop iOS games and deploy from PC?

Is it still possible to develop and deploy my games to iOS devices and eventually package them for submission to the AppStore from a PC (Like in UDK)?, or do I require a Mac to do that?

You will still require a mac version and a mac os, You have too still use xcode and apple development software too go to the itunes store.

I have a game on the AppStore, and I have a Mac Mini that I used to submit to the app store using Xcode or the application loader , but I don’t think it will run the UE4 editor, so I can’t develop on it, and it would be a pain to develop on PC then move over to the Mac each time I want to test something on device.
If I can’t deploy on PC then I guess I’ll have to wait until I can buy a Mac pro and just stick with it all the way through development.

I also have a mac box the small ones that sit on your desk :P, if I am correct you can still transfer the files over of your game and then deploy it, I do that all the time with Unity. It is annoying but you really dont want to miss out on the market of Ios :smiley: I would say for testing most of the time just use Android deploy with a phone that is = too the Iphone 4 or what ever

Well a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do, but it was neat being able to deploy and package my iOS projects from my PC, would really love to see that in UE4 in the future. :slight_smile:

I asked Keith Judge about this on Twitter yesterday and got a promising reply:

Sounds promising, thanks for the good news :slight_smile:

As Josh mentioned in the other thread, we want to allow deployment and development from a PC. However, you will always need a Mac on the same network as the PC for any C++ compilation, and to do the final upload to the App Store.

This isn’t a fully supported/documented workflow yet, but if you are working from a GitHub build, check out UnrealRemoteTool. This is the application you install and run on the Mac in order to process remote compilation requests, and you point UBT at your Mac via environment variables (see RemoteToolChain.cs, stuff like ue.RemoteCompileServerName).

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Thanks Michael, I will play around with it, but still a polished/supported/documented workflow would be cool,
You’re doing a great job guys, keep it up. :slight_smile:

You can find some more in-depth instructions here: Steps for IOS build with UnrealRemoteTool - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

Thanks, its a bit complicated but I’ll try to follow through.
However, I’m still hoping for a solid, well documented, out of the box workflow, and I’m sure awesome guys at Epic will get to it someday (hopefully soon)… :slight_smile:

Any news when this will be possible? Really want to test stuff on my ipad :slight_smile:

Any updates? It’s been well over two years since this post was written.

You can already package Blueprint-only project on Windows without a Mac or source code project from Windows with remote connection to the Mac.