Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I mean in terms of accent not voice, probably should have clarified that. =P

Not really his accent either =P

I may need to go back and compare. Admittedly it’s been a while, but from what I remember it sounds similar. Maybe it’s just me haha.

…and now for some nit-picking. I hope they don’t start taking more of these “creative licenses” beyond the web and into the actual game.

[=amigo;274428]
…and now for some nit-picking. I hope they don’t start taking more of these “creative licenses” beyond the web and into the actual game.

[/]

He just got hit so hard at some point that the force of the punch reversed his eye sockets. Happens to the best of us ;).

I think I’ll buy it someday, though I think Deus Ex: HR was a really bad game for the same reason as Dishonored: The level design is too easy (just remember the vents in Deus Ex) and thus not satisfying. In addition to this, Deus Ex: HR had these really bad boss fights and at that point, the Director’s Cut edition wasn’t available. Well, I look forward to both this title and Dishonored 2, though I think they won’t change too much on the gameplay part.

[=TidB;276190]
I think I’ll buy it someday, though I think Deus Ex: HR was a really bad game for the same reason as Dishonored: The level design is too easy (just remember the vents in Deus Ex) and thus not satisfying. In addition to this, Deus Ex: HR had these really bad boss fights and at that point, the Director’s Cut edition wasn’t available. Well, I look forward to both this title and Dishonored 2, though I think they won’t change too much on the gameplay part.
[/]

The only problem with DE:HR was the boss fights IMO.

[=Icaraeus;277555]
The only problem with DE:HR was the boss fights IMO.
[/]

That’s just one big problem; I don’t know how this could pass through QA. I mean, I tried to invest my skillpoints on everything stealth-related like radar improvents. I don’t use any of my weapons, I just have a fully upgraded pistol, the shocker and a rocket launcher, just in case… but the very first boss takes three **** rockets without even slowing down and I need to use those strange explosive barrels.

More on the level design: As I said, it’s too easy. That’s not because I’m the 1337 stealth master but because the path you have to take to avoid any conflicts is visible right from the beginning. The vents are a huge problem there: They’re unnecessarily long and they lead you most of the time directly to the target or at least save you a huge part of the level. Additionally, you can very easily see the environment’s barricades and the like, it’s just not satisfying when the only problem you have to solve is where you want to get to the next cover.
In this aspect, Hitman Absolution is just great. The levels are logical, don’t have any obvious and always-safe routes and the movement from cover to cover is much smoother there. Another strange design decision in Deus Ex was to make the player hold the spacebar to get around a corner. It’s just not necessary and is a pain when you’re crouching along a long, bumpy wall.

Furthermore, the art style of Deus Ex is really interesting, but gets boring after 2 hours. It’s too repetitive and everything looks the same.

On the other hand, the soundtrack is just awesome, though there’s not much of it during gameplay but in the cutscenes.

In my opinion, HR is really bad as a stealth game; I’d rather recommend Hitman Absolution (it has its own problems, but all in all, it’s extremely good), Splinter Cell: Blacklist (though it’s getting worse to the end) and even BioShock Infinite: Bureal at Sea Episode 2 (yes, really. The stealth mechanics may be really simple - there’s no cover feature - but it has great storytelling and it’s just a mindblowingly good addition to the BioShock universe at it merges the storylines).

I played DE:HR on PS3 so the controls weren’t an issue for me. I can understand how they may seem awkward on PC though. The problem with DE:HR was partly because everything was yellow/gold and that sort of cut the visual appeal for me. One thing that annoyed me was that you were unable to fully explore Hengsha, as the upper section was blocked off. The first boss can be killed by spamming stun gun and for the other bosses you can just use Typhoon along with that electricity-resistant augmentation for the second boss. The last boss killed it for me, it was lame and was of no challenge at all.

What brings DE:HR up is that I found the AI hilarious and since they aren’t exactly smart I was able to trick them in so many ways. Some of the dialogue is also pretty funny which I enjoyed. I consider DE:HR a good stealth game but I always go back to the original Thief’s as they were amazing stealth games.

Was I the only one who loved the yellow look? It was very atmospheric, and really helped to set the game apart in my opinion. I loved it. =P

I liked it but there was too much of it. It ruined the character models and the objects.

I thought it was perfect, it seems they toned it down a bit if the initial trailer for MD is anything to go by. There was a mod for Human Revolution that made it less yellow.

I didn’t get any of that as I had the PS3 version haha.