DetourCrowdAIController not supporting multiple nav agent types

It seems like multiple nav mesh agent types aren’t supported when using the DetourCrowdAIController. Agents with the default type work fine, but agents with any other type don’t move - they find a path correctly, but the following message shows in the visual logger:

LogCrowdFollowing (Error) Invalid navigation data in UCrowdFollowingComponent::SetMoveSegment, expected 0x30AB4F00, got: 0x30AB5600

When I debug the code, it’s expecting the RecastNavMesh object for the default nav agent type, but it’s trying to use the RecastNavMesh object relevant to the agent type. This causes the movement to fail.

1. Is there a workaround?
  2. This doesn’t seem to be documented at all anywhere, it might be nice if it was.

I’m also experiencing this problem. Would love to be able to use the crowd component with multiple agent sizes.

I am also looking into this right now. We have two navmesh agents one for humanoids the other for vehicles. Has anybody thought about creating multiple CrowdManager ? It might be easier than modifying the existing CrowdManager class.

Built in CrowdManager + CMC + all the relative stuff are just garbage.
I lost a year on trying to fix it or workaround its bugs…
In the end it took merely 2-3 weeks to roll my own from scratch, so yes, just go ahead and make it.