I’m building a weapon engine blueprint, and am attempting to build a lock-on/aim assist/auto aim system akin to auto-aim in the Halo games. I’m currently blueprinting with Unreal Tournament’s editor and building off of the systems available and would like to turn the weapon engine into a mutator.
The idea is:
- Draw a vector from 1st person camera (I’ve done this)
- Draw a vector to all enemies
- Detect when an enemy is within a certain angle and range
- Activate auto-aim when this is true
- If multiple enemies are within the angle, prioritize on the closest enemy
I want to draw a vector from the 1st person camera, and activate aim assist on enemy skeletons/collision when they fall into an angle and range relative to the 1st person camera vector.
The auto-aim will be determined on a per-weapon basis based on these variables:
This is the general idea:
Here’s my current blueprint:
I’m running into a few issues.
- I don’t know how to draw a vector to all OTHER players EXCLUDING the 1st person player. This tutorial demonstrates the idea of what I want, but it’s AI to player, as opposed to Player to OTHER players
- I don’t know how to determine range using vectors.
- LineTraceByChannel doesn’t seem to want to detect when I’m pointing it at an in-game UTCharacter actor
Can anybody help?