DetachFromActor doesn't seem to do anything

I have a blueprint Actor class that can attach to other instances of the same class.
To accomplish attaching to other Actors, this Actor uses the AttachToActor blueprint node.
I’m not using a socket name. Location, Rotation, and Scale Rules are all set to Keep World. I have Weld Simulated Bodies checked. This all seems to work, as the Actors can attach to each other as they’re expected to.

I run into problems when attempting to detach these actors, after they’ve been attached. On the Actor I’m attempting to detach, I execute the DetachFromActor node in blueprint. Again, I have the Location, Rotation, and Scale Rules set to Keep World. This doesn’t seem to do anything. The actors still move in unison, and the attached actors appear under their former parent’s heiarchy in the World Outliner.

I’ve put a few print string nodes around the DetachFromActor nodes in question, just as a sanity check. The code is being called, as far as I can tell. I’ve tried moving the nodes around, I’ve even tried attaching the detached Actor’s to themselves (this just threw an error).

Any advice is appreciated. I can post pictures of the nodes in question, but I’m not sure how much help that will be. There’s only two of them, and they are as I described.