Detach camera from player and attach to a generic object in the scene

Hi everybody.
Maybe it is a silly question or somebody else has asked before, but after some days i was unable to understand. I am writing a simulator (not really a game). I need to start my world controlling my player/pawn and, at some moment, i need to “detach” camera from player (preventing player from moving anymore) and attach to another element simulating such object point of view. I also need to do it only with c++.

In my AGameMode class i have:

MyGameMode::MyGameMode(const class FPostConstructInitializeProperties& PCIP) : Super(PCIP) {

PlayerControllerClass = MyPlayerController::StaticClass();
DefaultPawnClass = MyAvatar::StaticClass();

}

so i basically create a very simple skeleton with a controller (just to use arrow keys) and an avatar (without body).

In my class “MyAvatar” i have:

MyAvatar:: MyAvatar(const class FPostConstructInitializeProperties& PCIP) : Super(PCIP) {

MyCameraComponent = PCIP.CreateDefaultSubobject<UCameraComponent>(this, TEXT("TopDownCamera"));
MyCameraComponent->AttachTo(RootComponent);

}

In my class “MyPlayerController” i do nothing special.

MyPlayerController::MyPlayerController(const class FPostConstructInitializeProperties& PCIP) : Super(PCIP) {

bShowMouseCursor = true;

}

When project start i can walk through my scene using left/right/top/down keys. What i want to do is (for example pressing “esc” key) to detach “MyCameraComponent” from MyAvatar and place it on another object.

Can someone help me in achieving such result?

Thanks everybody